Hiking and Camping in Joshua Tree
Discover one of the most serene and surreal landscapes in the American West on a winter hiking and backcountry camping trip in Joshua Tree National Park where billion-year-old rocks loom above the surrounding desert, and expansive Joshua Tree "forests" blanket broad valleys. In the mornings and evenings, it feels more like a savannah than a desert, with Joshua Trees framing the horizon at the edge of the Mojave desert. Admire Joshua Tree’s must-see features like desert oases and soaring summits and gather around the well-stoked campfires at a basecamp in the heart of Joshua Tree National Park.
- Ryan Mountain climb
- Teddy Bear Cholla Garden visit
- The Lost Palms Oasis hike
- Arch Rock hike
- Barker Dam hike
- The Maze hike
- Hidden Valley hike
- Shuttle to Las Vegas
- Have a wonderful outdoor experience while you enjoy comforts like showers and cosy sleeping amenities, even while camping.
- Explore Joshua Tree National Park on foot – hike some most iconic and classic treks under the watchful eye of your expert leader who knows all the best spots.
- Soak in the sight of Joshua trees silhouetted against the break of day or climb to the top of one of the monoliths surrounding camp to greet the morning.
- Hike to the summit of Ryan Mountain and take in stunning 360-degree summit views of granite rock piles that seem to melt into the surrounding plateau.
- Sustained by water seeping up through fault lines, five oases can be found within Joshua Tree National Park. On this trip, you will visit two of them.