Bosnia & Herzegovina Expedition
Nature, history and culture collide across Bosnia and Herzegovina on this round-trip 8-day expedition from Sarajevo. Though so recently touched by upheaval, the people of Bosnia and Herzegovina are eager to share their history and customs with you – through good food, gripping stories and thrilling adventures. Spot wild horses in the mountains, step inside a preserved bunker that remained a national secret for decades, go white-water rafting down a turquoise river and get a taste of the Balkans’ special brand of perseverance and hospitality.
- Sarajevo - Bosnian Cooking Demonstration and Dinner
- Jajce - Guided City Walk
- Travnik - Town Visit
- Livno – Wild Horse Safari
- Herzegovina – Day Excursion
- Blagaj Teke – Sufi Dervish monastery Visit
- Stolac - Coffee and cake in a traditionally restored coffee house
- Kravica Waterfalls
- Konjic - Tito`s Bunker Tour
- Konjic - Orientation Walk
- Konjic - Herzogovian Home-cooked Meal
- Neretva – River Rafting
- Neretva - Picnic Lunch
- Konjic – Mountain Photo Safari
- Sarajevo – Guided City Tour
- Sarajevo Artisan Copper shop visit
- Ease into your adventure with a meal hosted by locals Mustafa and Mersiha in their kitchen overlooking the city of Sarajevo.
- Paddle hard on a white-water rafting trip down the Neretva River, through canyons and past waterfalls.
- Go off-road in search of wild horses in the foothills of Mount Cincar – our expert local leaders and guides know all the best spots to look.
- Explore the historic and off-the-beaten-path town of Jajce, the birthplace of Yugoslavia and home to centuries-old architecture and a fairytale waterfall.
- Step inside Josip Tito’s bunker – a massive and impeccably preserved underground nuclear shelter from the Yugoslav era that just recently opened to visitors.
- Meet Sarajevo’s only female coppersmith while wandering the cobblestone walkways of the city’s historic cultural centre.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...